The Board of Trustees of the Alamo Colleges approved both the need for and construction of a single District Support Operations (DSO) building, at 2222 N. Alamo Street (former Playland Park property), to consolidate over 500 DSO employees and multiple buildings at Sheridan Street, Houston Street and Pat Booker Road into a single location. We’ve included some general information on the building location and features below. Make sure to subscribe to our blog page for building updates and announcements.
What is the location like?
- Park-like setting on 12+ acres, allowing for growth
- Visible and desirable location – popular Broadway area and River North development.
- Easy access to restaurants
What are some of the building features?
- 5 building, 3 floor complex, with 2nd floor connecting walkways, and single contiguous space on 3rd floor. Check out some of the features below.
- Large Multi-purpose Conference Center/Board Room with space for 300; sub-dividable to 3 smaller conference rooms.
- Employee Hub, which includes:
- wellness center
- UPS store
- large lunchroom
All DSO employees, except for those managing regional and other centers; or performing student services at college locations, will be moving to the new DSO building. This includes:
- Chancellor, Ethics, Legal, Internal Audit, Institutional Advancement
- Vice Chancellor Teams:
- Academic Success (VCAS) – including new Online team
- Student Success (VCSS)
- Planning, Perf., and Info. Tech. (VCPPIS) – including IT Data Center
- Economic & Workforce Dev. (VCEWD)
- Finance & Administration (VCFA)
- Department of Public Safety (DPS) – including Dispatch Center
- Human Resources & Organizational Dev (HR/OD) and Risk Management
- Finance & Fiscal Services (FFS) and Purchasing
- Student Financial Aid (SFA)
- Project Facilitation
- Student Call Center